Classic Recipe Battle!

Let the best recipe win!



Uber Fantastic--Can't Live Without--Baked Apples

4 apples (I recommend golden delicious)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1.5 T nutmeg
1/4-1/2 crushed walnuts (depends on how much you like nuts!)
2 T soy butter (I like the creamy Earth Balance)
Vanilla soy milk (I use Silk)

Preheat oven to 350. Peel, core and slice your apples, place in a container with a lid. Add walnuts, brown sugar and nutmeg and shake until well coated. Place into a greased baking pan and add soy butter. Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on how smushy you like your apples. Serve immediately with a little soy milk for cream.
If you dice the apples this makes a wonderful ice cream topper!
Enjoy and bake often :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is similar to my favorite recipe from my paternal grandmother, but she wrapped them in dough for apple dumplings ... haven't met a baked apple I haven't liked.

Bookpapa

Anonymous said...

This came out very good, very tasty!