Macadamia Graham Crust
1/2 cup finely ground macadamia nuts(unsalted)
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers
3 TBS sugar
1/3 cup EB melted
Mix all crust ingredients together well. Press firmly into pie plate. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
2 Layer Pie Filling
2 ripe bananas
1 12oz box of silken tofu
8 oz vegan choc chips
1 3.5oz package of vegan vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups coconut milk or soymilk(for making pudding)
I/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Slice bananas and place in a single layer on bottom of pie crust.
- Blend tofu in processor til smooth.
- Add choc chips to microwave safe bowl and microwave 2 minutes, stirring every 30 secs until smooth and melted.
- Pour melted chips into processor with the tofu and blend until completely incorporated.
- Pour this chocolate mixture into crust covering banana slices.
- Place in refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours or until set.
- When choc layer is almost set, begin making the pudding layer.
- Make pudding according to directions on box. (This should involve adding liquid to the mix and heating) *When making pudding for pies, I always use just a little more than half the liquid called for in directions. This makes a nice thick and flavorful pie filling.
- Remove pudding from stove and stir in 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. Allow pudding to cool to room temperature.
- Pour pudding on top of choc/banana layer. Chill.
- Toast shredded coconut in a skillet over med heat. Stir often and don't let it burn. Sprinkle on top of pie before serving.